Necessary Art Appliances: A Reflection

With a tremendous appreciation of making art also comes the important necessity of supplies. In the modern age of technology, traditional and 2D are past mediums. While they are still used for practice or to show diversity across the mediums, 3d and digital are now the new normality in art.

Specifically for my dream career, storyboarding in animation revolves around this very thought. I was taught to be a traditional artist; It’s what I grew up with. As a result, I’ve always struggled with the digital medium, but I’ve never discouraged the thought of it.

Even now, when I’m closer to finishing my degree, I need to change and adapt quickly. Through the lecture, I accustomed myself to free-to-use apps such as Synfig, an open-source 2d animation software. Unfortunately, I also saw the dread DaVinci resolve in the video editing section! Back in high school, I was a part of the Digital Design and Production Academy, and since Adobe wasn’t set up for us yet, we had to use DaVinci. I remember how difficult the software was to use for our film projects and would constantly crash. Many cardiac arrests were induced, especially if I was on a team editing last minute in the cramped editing room. Good memories.

Ultimately, I greatly reflected on how much I should dedicate the time to investing in decent appliances that I could use toward my profession. In addition, since I already have a tablet and software like Procreate for my Illustrations, I should focus on using the software and build up a digital portfolio for myself. 

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Art: Art made in the Digital Age & The Fluxus/Dada Movement

In a World of My Own - Photoshop Project

Copyright and The Art World