Fine Art: Photography

Photography is one of the many mediums in producing images based on the photographer's vision. Through photography, you manipulate the subject matter or image by lighting effects, different angles, or even editing. In many ways, photography doesn't always need to be artistic. Yet, when you look at documentary photos such as sports photography, it's evident that there is some artistic merit in portraying the players.

 

One photo I remember taking, but forgot to transfer! I spoke of my high school academy and my brief history before, but I was genuinely introduced to this medium through my yearbook club. Being a chief editor on the team was quite the task, but I learned leadership skills and the basics of photography from it. I was taught the rules of thirds, framing, all that jazz. Of course, I'm not the best photographer in the world, but it made me experience the hands-on work of trying to document events. It was laborious work, from action shots to lifestyle, since I was taught to take the photo and not think of the result. (No chimping during sports events!) I, of course, had to think of the framing and the setup, but it was more of quantity with quality.

  My assignments took me back to that time in high school because we had similar projects such as this. We'd Take a picture during golden hour or create a shot with only shadows, that sort of thing. It was interesting to learn about the many more genres within photography and to refresh the skills used when taking these different photos.

 

 

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

May All Your Bacon Burn

The Dreamers

Adobe Lightroom & Tips