Portfolio 3.0

 Making my portfolio website was highly reminiscent of my art blog. It's just as customizable, but with the addition of the resume. I worried adding the photo was unprofessional, so I included the link to the document for reference.

The program for making the portfolio website was odd- nothing like blogger, but It sectioned itself in separate boxes for customization. It was clunky but efficient. I tried to maintain the black and white collage image I added to my portfolio book for continuity. I use that image a lot for my headers now, but it didn't fit the aesthetic or the professional outlook of the overall website. I was going to pick another project I had done for this class, but I felt that I had already decided on the best work overall. I don't think any other project I had done was a better representation of the diversity in the digital medium.

In other news, I should put greater attention into putting more work into my cumulative portfolio. I searched for different examples of portfolios within the career that I aim for. I need to do more still life and draw daily life (Doodle at a coffee shop, draw people sitting that sort of ordeal). Since I'm looking for a character-oriented field, I have to learn perspective and focus on facial expressions. I also noticed that my choice of color palettes and use of color, in general, is not up to par, so I have to dedicate some time to study and perfect (or refine) that skill.

 


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Art: Art made in the Digital Age & The Fluxus/Dada Movement

In a World of My Own - Photoshop Project

Copyright and The Art World