The Dreamers

 Making the video for this particular project was tough, but I was familiar with one. I always mention my film classes, but it was my only experience with a decent video editor. The project I did was similar, too- we had to pick a song and visualize the lyrics through visuals. I chose NGHFB’s Dying of the Light and various scenes from Richard Ayoade’s film, Submarine. I think there was also clips from End of the F***ing World in there... it's been awhile. In high school, I didn’t use stock footage at all. Instead, I decided that it'd be a good idea to use copyrighted movies-But now, knowing better, I did my new video entirely with stock footage. (I’ll include the video I did back in high school below, along with my final video for this project for comparison)





I chose John Lennon’s Imagine out of the three songs for this new one. This song is heavy in tone, to which I could probably have this slow, melancholy mood but pick up when the chorus starts, and it has fast cuts. Since this is also a political song, it’s essential for the visuals to reflect the message and to be diverse in its characters. I used the lovely website Pexel for the clips and used my footage mainly from a user called Cottonbro. They shot several collections of situations for free use, and the quality of the videos was immaculate. I was worried about the stock footage because sometimes the way it’s shot is without consideration of the quality, but Cottonbro’s videos were perfect. They carried the necessary aesthetic I was looking for, with the right amount of emotional weight in the visuals. 

 

 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Digital Art: Art made in the Digital Age & The Fluxus/Dada Movement

In a World of My Own - Photoshop Project

Copyright and The Art World